By Norm DeLisle
Michigan Assistive Technology Program belongs to the Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs (ATAP). Though ATAP, we have a wide variety of training videos archived and available for review by you at any time. The videos are 45 minutes to one hour. There is a registration process to help us prove the usefulness of this online video approach to training.
Here’s what is available:
- Website Accessibility Testing: Tools and tips to help you create and maintain an accessible website
- Common Accessibility Barriers: In this session we will take a look at some of the common web accessibility barriers that keep people with disabilities from being able to use web sites and web software.
- Buying Accessibility: Accessibility in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Procurement and Acquisition
- The Section 508 Refresh: Move toward harmony that exists at the international level that steer us to create and acquire accessible technology products.
- Accessible PowerPoint Presentations: For presentation authors, an introductory look at how to make PowerPoint documents more accessible using Word 2010 & 2013.
- Introduction to IT Accessibility: An overview of accessibility, where people with disabilities and technology meet. A discussion about what accessibility is, why it’s vital, and applicable laws.
- Document Accessibility in Microsoft Word: For document authors, an introductory look at how to make Word documents more accessible using Word 2010 & 2013.
- Considerations in Multimedia Accessibility: A high-level look at tools and tips to help make audio and video more accessible. Includes some discussion about captioning techniques, such as re-voicing.
Up your accessibility chops by viewing those videos that will help you the most!Tweet